As we move towards the weekend, it's your time to shine as an agent. But for once, why not try changing your routine up. After speaking to multiple agents throughout the week, we have put together a list of what the best agents will be doing to ensure success over the weekend. Here are the must dos in order to build your brand.
1. Start early: Every successful agent has mentioned that starting your weekend early is essential to success. It may not be what you want to do, but it's what you need to do. Most open for inspections won't start before 10, but getting up early provides a good opportunity to get your preparation done and also some personal time. Get to the gym, have a nice breakfast, or catch up with some friends. Whatever you do, give yourself a mental break an hour or two before you start work.
2. Write out your plan: Time is crucial to an agent on the weekend. So have your plans sorted well before. Write out your daily activities as a checklist and tick them off. Once you have done your personal routine, tick off each open for inspection one after the other, also include an hour at the end to get your admin done, write your notes, and email a summary to your vendors. This way by 5:00pm your day is over.
3. Work on business development: The best time for an agent to grow their list is on a weekend. Use your OFI's and auctions as your lead source for the next week or two. Categorise each person you meet in a lead category. (Read this article to learn how to classify your leads) and once they are categorised, follow them up.
4. Use social time to make money: It's important on your weekends to unwind and relax, that doesn't mean you can't also use it to grow your business. Mixing sporting occasions and social catch ups as a way to build your brand is what a smart agent will do.
5. Planning their Monday: The best time to plan what you need to do on Monday is Saturday. All of your listings are fresh in your mind and the people that you need to follow up will be easily remembered. Write a list of every inspection. How many people came in, the good feedback, the poor feedback, if you think a potential buyer is there, and what you will do this week to drive further potential buyers to the property. Use twenty minutes on the weekend to summarise each property and ask yourself. "Has my buyer been through this home?" if you can't be 100% confident, you need to think of new branding strategies and ideas effective Monday to get more people through the doors.
Finally, all good agents will be tuning off. This job is meant to be fun. There is no point staying switched on 100% of the time, you will burn out. You need to mentally unwind, have a good time and forget about work. If a lead calls you at 8.30pm on Saturday night, whilst it is great to answer it, don't stress if you miss a call. You are human, and balance is essential. If you do receive messages, plan how you will respond to them and put a very quick plan in to action. A quick email to all messages saying: "I've received your message, I will be back in touch early Monday morning" does no harm to your reputation, as long as you follow up first thing Monday!
About the Authors:
Rocky Bartolotto is the National Sales Director for Homely.com.au - Rocky's extensive experience in introducing new product offerings to the market and client management abilities makes him one of the most knowledgeable property specialists in the country.
In addition to his time working in the online space, Bartolotto is also one of Sydney’s top auctioneers, with over 4000 auctions performed through his business Auction Services.
Todd Schulberg handles all things marketing for Homely.com.au - Living and breathing property, Todd has a keen interest in the movements in the market and how agents can utilise new tools and technology in order to be more connected. Using all things social, Todd suggests different ways that agents can engage and think outside the square with their marketing approach.