If you want to take charge of your social media presence, you need to be proactive. Create some template themes and publish consistent content. These themes will mean you just need to plug in a few holes in order to get content out on a regular basis. What are the topics you can cover and what will people want to read? Take a look at 23 social media posts that are sure to start conversations.
1. A review about a suburb where you are currently selling
2. Local market updates
3. Local events that are upcoming in the suburbs you currently list.
4. Local parks and places where people can stay fit.
5. A breakdown of what real estate terms mean. Do people know what a split loan really means?
6. Gallery images of new listings- Instagram is a great tool for that (check ours out at instagram.com/homelyau
7. Local council updates that will effect the residents in the area. Take a look at one topic making news
8. Local facilities that can help people stay active.
9. Review a local restaurant and mention what you liked and didn't like about it.
10. Statistical evidence on why to buy rather than rent in an area.
11. The best places to grab a coffee.
12. The things you like most about living in the area.
13. Photos of the outdoor facilities (parks etc)
14. Market updates in general, as well as specific to your local area.
15. Houses that are being sought after.
16. How mortgage rates are affecting buyers and how to structure a loan.
17. The closest places to style your home. (Hardware, interior stores) also mention to them you will feature them and ask for referrals.
18. Moving companies that help people move in to the area you service.
19. Places you go to unwind (yoga etc) that are more personal to you.
20. Kid-friendly areas in your local neighbourhood.
21. Creative ways you have marketed homes and results from this.
22. Examples of furniture interior that works.
23. Photos of happy vendors with a quote from them
The most important thing to remember when generating social media posts is to keep your content consistent and accurate. If you can build up readers, you will have a stronger following when consumers come to pick an agent. Chances are they will pick you.
About the Authors:
Rocky Bartolotto is the National Sales Director for Homely.com.au - Rocky's extensive experience in introducing new product offerings to the market and client management abilities makes him one of the most knowledgeable property specialists in the country.
In addition to his time working in the online space, Bartolotto is also one of Sydney’s top auctioneers, with over 4000 auctions performed through his business Auction Services.
Todd Schulberg handles all things marketing for Homely. Living and breathing property, Todd has a keen interest in the movements in the market and how agents can utilise new tools and technology in order to be more connected. Using all things social, Todd suggests different ways that agents can engage and think outside the square with their marketing approach.