Positing on social media, it's something that we should all do, right? But the question that comes right after is, what content do I post? The most important thing to do when integrating social content in to your campaign is to create both consistency and variety, and whilst they may contradict each other to an extent, what you will achieve by doing this is having an audience who expect your content to be delivered but get surprised when you put it out there. To keep a system in place and save time, it is recommended to have a template of posts that you can alternate. Here are 14 ideas.
1. Financial Tips- People looking to buy or sell always need help with finance.
2. Apartment vs House- discuss the pros and cons of each and use your listings as an example.
3. How to select the right neighbourhood - Tell them what to keep an eye out for and what makes a good suburb.
4. Review new arrivals to a neighbourhood- Discuss what the newest restaurant is like, as people will be wanting to know.
5. The most dire clients you have had - How you have helped them see the light. (People love perspective that their situation isn't so bad)
6. 15 Second videos of a home inspection- Use tools like Snapchat and Instagram to show highlighted features of a listing in a compact time.
7. Things to do before selling a home- Give people tips on the processes you need to go through before selling so they are prepared when they come to you.
8. How to live in your home when it's for sale- Explain how often it should be cleaned and what to do to manage it.
9. The coolest interior feature in one of your home- Micro content is especially valuable, hone in on one item that makes that home unique (a cool tap etc)
10. What's trending in design, globally- Showcase what is currently trending with design and how it can be easily integrated to their home.
11. A focused area for a getaway- Highlight someone with in a reasonable distance to your location and why it's a great weekend getaway.
12. How to house hunt with kids- Give some tips on how to best get around to inspections with children.
13. Answer 2 most common questions you heard each week- Chances are if more than one person asked it, more than one person is thinking it, write the question out and the response.
14. How you stay active in your serviced suburbs- People love to hear of new places to run, walk, bike ride etc. Show people where they are!
With a multitude of ways to schedule content, you should be able to generate templates and replicate this content weekly and just amend each post to focus on the specific discussion you are having. This will save time and also ensure consistency, this will help people get used to the way you write and how you produce content, increasing the likelihood of them trusting you and engaging with your content.
About the Author:
Todd Schulberg handles all things marketing for Homely.com.au - Living and breathing property, Todd has a keen interest in the movements in the market and how agents can utilise new tools and technology in order to be more connected. Using all things social, Todd suggests different ways that agents can engage and think outside the square with their marketing approach.