Like any industry, there are always those that excel over those that just do okay. But what is it that makes an agent excel, instead of linger behind the pack. We investigated what the best sales agents of 2014 did and preached in their memorandum on how to conduct yourself as an agent in today's real estate game, and this is what we learned.
- Prospecting: The overriding message is that prospecting needs to make up core hours. The mornings should be dedicated to prospecting. One of Australia's leading agents mentioned that Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I typically do prospecting between 9.30am and 2.30pm, and on Fridays I basically do it all day.'
- Days allocated to presentations: The days that are supposedly a little quieter, allow you to be out of the office, get out and do your listing presentations, your open for inspections and interactions with people.
- Repeated touch points: It is essential that you keep engaged with the prospective seller over, and over and over again. Too many agents pitch for one listing with a vendor and if they don't get through, lose contact. You need to keep in touch, adding value and eventually you will win their business.
- Looking good: Wether you perceive it to be shallow or not, it is a fact. The best agents are looking good. This doesn't always mean they are the best looking people, but they take pride in their appearance and make sure they are always 100% presentable. This is something that is not negotiable.
- Constantly engaging with their mentor: The best agents have a mentor, and work constantly with them. The best thing agents can do as they progress, is find a senior person that can provide structures and procedures that can get them to the next level. This is essential to progress as an agent.
- Starting with social: The best agents have engage in social marketing. If you want to progress as an agent, you need to integrate a structured facebook, twitter, and instagram marketing campaign. This needs to be orchestrated and structured through a social CRM schedule.
- Providing a fully encompassed eDM: Weekly the best agents are sending out beautiful and relevant market updates. These agents are showing off their local knowledge and highlighting key areas for consumers in that market, demonstrating they are the expert and also showing off the best of a suburb.
If you want to take your real estate image to the next level, these are the tips you need to start integrating to your daily routine. Whilst it can take time, and be a challenge to implement in to your day to day activities, this is a proven method to get your sales volumes up and to increase your exposure in your local market place.
About the Author:
Todd Schulberg handles all things marketing for Homely.com.au - Living and breathing property, Todd has a keen interest in the movements in the market and how agents can utilise new tools and technology in order to be more connected. Using all things social, Todd suggests different ways that agents can engage and think outside the square with their marketing approach.